FP Instagram Feed

Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekly Update 8-21-09

Howdy....

Here's the latest FP news:

1) The last two 'Sycamore' rehearsals have been very productive and now we are planning on proceeding with drum tracking next week (Yeesssss...!!!) We have a potential of five evenings to get everything wrapped up drum-wise. Should be good to go. Then I'll edit the drum tracks and start recording Jake's bass and my guitar, and then the vocals. Past that we'll dress things up and add some ear candy and polish to the mix. That being said I am very excited about this song folks. It has stretched us in many ways and yet it feels so natural and real. And honestly we are placing the highest priority on song structure and how our parts serve the song. We want our songs to really resonate with you, the listener. Hopefully we'll be somewhat transparent in our delivery so that people can 'lose themselves' in the song without us getting in the way....

2) My vocal range is increasing and getting more comfortable. Of course I seriously have a long way to go as a vocalist but the more I work at it the more it feels right to me. Of course part of the journey is getting accustomed to the way my voice sounds and learning to play to my strengths. And embracing my style. Stupidly enough, a lot of the trick is getting used to singing into a mic through a PA, and I think I have fought that more than anything. Ugh. But there is hope and things are shaping up nicely....

3) As a sort of 'hold-me-over' we are planning on video documenting our 'Sycamore' sessions and putting together a teaser video that will let friends, fans and family have an early taste of what is to come. The more we can involve people in the process the more we will enjoy it. It pushes our boundaries and keeps us motivated. And it definitely helps us not take ourselves too seriously along the way. Mostly. I think. (To be continued....)

4) On a slightly different note, a buddy of mine, Craig Collins, has recently finished making a custom hand-made bass for himself and there are plans to build me a custom guitar at some point in the not-so-distant future. Most likely the guitar will be primarily made of walnut with a neck-through body and a cherry/walnut laminate neck. If not walnut/cherry, then hopefully some other local tonewoods. But I am seriously honored and flattered to have someone like Craig wanting to make me a hand-made instrument. The bass he built is absolutely stellar and the tone is phenomenal. Can't wait to see what his guitars end up like....

5) We have been enlisting the much-needed help of Nick Gaudio and my son Tyler for FP web design and video/pic editing (respectively) and a big thanks goes out to them for their time, vision, and contributions. We do intend on spreading out our web presence via FaceBook, MySpace, Indaba, etc in due time, and these guys are an integral part of that. Also, a big thanks to our families and friends for the support and encouragement to pursue things as FP. Sometimes it's easy to underestimate how much support we think we will get from those who know us best. To have real people that we rub shoulders with each and every day tell us that we are onto to something good and worth reaching for means the world to us and fuels our fire. You make it all worth it to us....

So that's all for this week's update. Lots going on behind the scenes that we will share at a later date as things develop. Past that, I need to call it a night and face another day. Thanks to all who are getting on board with us at this very early stage. You will not be forgotten....

~ Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment