FP Instagram Feed

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Weekly Update 9-5-09

Wow. What a busy week this has been. I'm beat actually. Doesn't help that I took on a substantial sunburn while mowing my Gma Bush's acreage this week. But weeks like this seem to go fast and slow at the same time. Having a 3-day weekend will hit the spot for sure....

1) The guys and I were able to 'proof-read' Matt's drum sections for 'Sycamore' this week. Didn't take long at all. We all put on some headphones and zipped through everything without too much effort. I had most of the obvious kinks worked out by time we all listened together so now we are ready to move on and start recording bass and guitars (which means I need to practice some more and get with the program!) Seems like when I am mixing or editing a recording I end up having to let my guitar playing take a back seat temporarily. Time to change hats again and reconnect with my instruments. Looking forward to it actually...

2) Jake comes over on Monday (Labor Day) to throw down some bass tracks. Not sure how far we'll get but we are definitely going to take a stab at it.

3) Tyler (my oldest son) has begun editing and compiling various random video clips for a YouTube teaser video in the works. (Yeesss!)

4) My sister Charlyn Hester put together bio question sheets for us and now she is taking that info and has begun to write some creative bios for us. Once she gets that done we'll proof-read things and then hand them over to Nick Gaudio. Nick will be taking charge of certain websites and is a major help to us. We couldn't do all of this without all of these talented people.

5) I have been writing yet more lyrics. One new song idea I came up with this week has a working title of 'Aperture'. But I really need to get 'Marigolds' worked out more so we can begin pre-production on it in a couple of weeks.

6) Forgot to mention this tidbit the last time. Jake brought home a couple of electric kazoos from the Summer NAMM show. Hopefully they'll get slipped into some recordings somewhere along the way. :-)

Much to do. Busy busy busy....

- Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment