FP Instagram Feed

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekly Update 11-15-09

Welcome race fans...

Here's the latest scuttlebutt for the week:

1) 'Sycamore' is still in the exact same place as the last post. This last week I have had other things on my FP 'To-Do List' and 'Sycamore' wasn't holding things up like some of the other things on the 'List'.

2) 'Some Other Year' is now organized and completely ready for Matt to lay down his drum parts. We will set up shop in the next few days and will be recording his drums parts for the new song during the week of Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed...

3) FP had a big family fish fry down at Jake's parent's place this last Friday. Jake's been catching a ton of Crappies (some of them just over 14" long) and his parents set up their 'serious' outdoor fish-fry station. And we ate a lot of fish. And homemade hush-puppies. Etc. Etc. And it was a lot of fun and gave everyone time to just hang out. And we played several rounds of Baggo/Cornhole (Jake is still the reining champion - although my son Anderson is determined to dethrone Jake someday soon). Heck...at times it almost felt like we were having a tailgate party. Especially with the pick-up truck that was parked near the campfire. Gotta love it. And to top it all off we even found out that my wife Julia likes Killian's Red Lager. Who'da thunk? A big thanks to Jake's family for having us all over!

4) My studio rebuild is nearly complete. All of my wall panels are mounted and now I am modifying my desk with a wider sound-treated shelf for my monitors. Then once I get that finished (tomorrow hopefully) I will put my equipment back in order and start cleaning things up. Then it's back to 'Sycamore' and then the real work begins....

5) I've been playing my V-neck Strat around the house a lot lately. Funny how certain tones ebb and flow in and out of our everyday lives (I'm speaking from a guitarist's point of view of course). These last several months I have played my Les Paul almost exclusively, but lately that Strat has been hitting the spot for me. Maybe it's the whammy bar?

So that pretty much sums things up for now. Will write again next week....

Too-da-loo....

~ Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment