FP Instagram Feed

Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Song Release Approaching....

Hola!

Just wanted to make a quick post about the last couple of weeks. In between holiday events, sleeping-in, moving/relocating, too much eating and 'making merry', Christmas shopping and a slew of other distractions, we've all been enjoying some downtime as a band. We pushed really hard to complete Matt's drums for Song #2 ('Some Other Year') before the busy holiday season hit and since then we've been taking a brief hiatus. All things being equal, we'll be resuming our writing/rehearsal sessions this coming week for Song #3 ('Marigolds'). 'SOY' is written and arranged and it simply needs to be properly recorded as soon as 'Sycamore' is buttoned up.

Per 'Sycamore'....There have been several delays (admittedly on my end of things) and issues that I have been addressing in order to polish it up to a level that I am happy with. And I'm fairly picky when it comes to recording quality and song vibe. I have literally been singing my parts until I wear out or else make my throat raw. But the worst (i.e. the most challenging vocal parts) are finished. However in the middle of working on those parts I managed to catch a lovely little head cold which has put a temporary hold on finishing those parts up. I am hoping to have enough of my voice back tomorrow to sing the remainder of parts needed. Also, I have roughly a third of the guitar solo sections completed. All that remains is to find the elusive tones needed for some melodic guitar leads that are on tap. I have had plans of featuring a 'heated argument' between a guy and gal (my sister and her husband courtesy of my iPhone in their living room) underneath the guitar solo sections, but the verdict is still out on whether or not to include it, mainly as it concerns the song sonically. The idea and concept of 'The Argument' fits the song's feel. I'm just not sure if it will compromise the mix's strengths. We'll see soon enough....

And to top it all off, I received Jury Duty summons for the first two weeks of 2010 so that may steal away time that I'd normally devote to working on the recording chores. Ughhh...['She's's guilty as charged Your Honor....Can I go home now?'] But perhaps this is good timing? What if we (FP) were under a contractual deadline to get more recordings wrapped up and then I got stuck with jury duty? To my knowledge I will be officially exempt from having to serve the same type of jury duty service for the next two years once I am done with this round. Things could always be worse....Still....

Hope all our readers and future fans have had a Merry Christmas and a Happy (and safe) New Year....

~ Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment