FP Instagram Feed

Friday, August 20, 2010

FP Weekly Update: 8-20-10

Just checking in for the week...

1) 'SOY' is getting dangerously close to being ready for mixdown. I sang more overdubs this week and we have all of the backing vocals tracked and (mostly) edited. Backing vocal contributions are coming from Mike Jett, Thomas Holley, my sister Charlyn Hester, myself, and Jake. Jake came in this week and sang a few passes for one of the higher parts we needed and he has a really good voice. Matt and I have decided we'd really like to exploit Jake's hidden vocal talent on a regular basis from now on. I'd classify his voice as being in the elusive 'cool' category. Would easily stand on its own...

2) 'Marigolds' is still where it was last week. Nothing to see here. Move along...

(Here's a pic from the recent 'Marigolds' guitar sessions:)



3) I'm thinking I may want to postpone any more work/rehearsal on 'Rabbit Hole' until 'SOY' is finished, mainly so I can switch hats and be the singer/song-writer/guitarist again for 'Rabbit Hole' versus the producer/mixing engineer that I need to be for 'SOY'. Hard to go back and forth when we get to the intense stage of mixing stuff and putting the finishing touches on a recording like 'SOY'. Plus I have to believe that 'Rabbit Hole' would get shortchanged by my focus on 'SOY'. No hurries though. Quality before Quantity. Everyone wins when we take the time to do things right... :-)

No promises on a release date for 'Some Other Year' yet. Soon. But it should 'Wow' many of you when it hits your ears. Last week Matt heard the rough version of 'SOY' that I've been working on with some of the newer elements and textures, and he made the statement that if 'Sycamore' got people's attention about our style/vibe, 'SOY' will make people think 'Wow...those guys aren't playing around...they're serious'. I think that says it all. And I think that Matt is right...it sounds pretty good. Will be fun to play it live one day...

That's pretty much it for now.

Peace and Love...

~ Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment