FP Instagram Feed

Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekly Update: 8-2-10

So we've made some changes...

The original FP Blog background that we have used since the inception of our blog is no longer available for usage. Not sure why...it is simply no more. Bummer. I really liked the look and the vibe of it. We had to make a few template changes as well as the overall look. Hope you like it. For now I have made a few 'get-us-through-for-the-time-being' changes and things are now rearranged slightly to streamline our cluttered mess. I've been feeling for a while that our old layout was getting more and more crowded with gadgets and whatnot, so perhaps change was in the works anyway?

So now we have a red background. It works for now. I like red for the most part. I even remodeled my studio recently with red walls and it has been quite lovely when sitting in there for long hours. Makes me feel creatively aggressive. And who knows? Maybe the red theme of our blog will have a similar effect on our viewers that makes them aggressively/frequently check us out and aggressively tell everyone they know about this new up-and-coming band from Nowhere, Illinois...

We can only hope...

Also, I do plan on posting new pics and new videos and other exciting new elements to our beloved blog in due time, so keep coming back for more.

The half-week in review....

1) I now have a rather elaborate 6-mic array on my Line6 1/2-stack speaker cab. I do plan on taking some video footage and a ton of pics over the next few days as guitar tracking sessions ensue. To that end, I have mics scattered all over our living room area and even in the front entrance way of our house. I have one mic dangling from a small chandelier and another mic suspended from a ceiling fan. And as expected, the ambient/reflective sounds I am getting from those two mics are very vibey. Funny thing is that the house is now a jumbled mess of wires and music equipment and other recording odds and ends, and even though times like these prove that my obsession with good guitar tones can become a little invasive on my family's living space, everyone just steps around the mic stands and cables and nobody seems to mind the temporary clutter. I love my family...

2) Mike Jett is planning on coming over Thurs afternoon to sing some backing vocal tracks on 'Some Other Year'. That will be fun!

3) I'll be tracking guitars all week this week (and maybe next week?) on 'Marigolds' and 'SOY'. I also need to rework a few minor mixdown issues for a London client's recording that I am assisting with. Busy busy busy...

That's all on the week-and-a-half update. It has been a long and adventurous day and I am in serious need of rest. Time to call it a day and head to bed....

~ Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment