FP Instagram Feed

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And so the SOY Mixdown continues...

Hello World...

I have some good news and some bad news. Which would you like first? Hmmmm....

First the Bad News. The 'Some Other Year' mixdown has taken much longer than I originally anticipated. As such, it will sound really good once we unleash it to our fans and friends. As I mentioned in the previous update, the Chorus vocals needed much attention in context of the final mix. It is such a guessing game when we're first tracking vocals. We end up just shooting from the hip and going for it. 'Fix it in the mix' as they say. And I'd like to say that the next songs will be easier and will have fewer issues to remedy than 'SOY' or 'Sycamore' have each had, but I think that would just be a tad delusional on my part. But honestly it makes me chuckle when I think about it. At least I enjoy the process....

The Good News: I am somewhat confident that we'll have the initial test mix of 'SOY' ready for R&D this Friday. Jake, Matt, and myself will then listen to the test mix on every available system possible, take notes, make any necessary tweaks, lather, rinse, repeat. Which means we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. Yessss.....

So that's it for now. We're planning on resuming rehearsals and preproduction on 'Rabbit Hole' late next week. We're all very anxious to play and rehearse and write again. (And for my part I am anxious to start playing through my new amp rig with the guys.) Things are coming together nicely...

Until next time (and keep checking back for the new song to be released for free)....

~ Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment