FP Instagram Feed

Friday, January 21, 2011

FP Update: 1-21-11

Howdy Howdy Howdy!

Wow what a couple of weeks we've had in FP Land! One nice thing about the winter months is that we all stay inside more and get more recordings going. As I mentioned in the last post, I am (for all intents and purposes) done tracking the guitars for 'Marigolds'. And now this week I think I conquered the main chorus vocals to 'Marigolds' as well! I still need to record some backing vocal layers (as does Jakeman), but having the primary chorus parts finished is a big deal in my mind. I still need to sing and record the Pre-Choruses but I can't fathom those being as tough as the choruses were (nothing like stretching our limits). So vocals are on my plate at the moment.

Jake on the other hand has a lot on his to-do list. Backing vocals for 'Marigolds'. Rerecord a small bass section in Verse 2 of 'Marigolds' (no biggie there). Record all of the bass tracks for 'Rabbit Hole'. And write lyrics for the final verse and chorus of his new song. The working title for the new song is 'Getting Away' and he and I have spent quite a bit of time figuring out guitar and bass and vocal melody parts to it. My son Tyler thinks this new song will be his favorite FP song thus far. He also made some good suggestions to Jake and I about the lyric content/story for this new song. At any rate it is taking form quickly and all of our gears are turning nicely. I cannot think of anything I enjoy more about music than the process of writing and crafting and performing new songs. It all just works...

Per Matt...he's waiting on Jake and I to sort out our parts for Jake's song before he worries about his drum parts. Past that he's off the hook for a short bit (which works out well since he and his wife Brittany are only a few weeks away from having their first child).

So that's the latest bit of FP News. Short and sweet. Been so busy recording that I haven't had much time to post updates or make new teaser videos. But that's a good thing! Our next recording will be released soon!

Until then...

~ Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment