FP Instagram Feed

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

FP Update: 9.24.2014

Another Day At The Office...

I've finished tracking my guitars for Rabbit Hole's chorus sections and only have one section left to deal with (FYI...'tracking' is the official name for 'recording' in studio-speak). I'm also editing these guitar parts today which can ironically take longer to do than actually playing the guitar parts themselves. Go figure. But the editing is easy work...it's just boring and requires a lot of critical listening and decision making as to which takes sound the best, grafting sections seamlessly together as needed, and being on the prowl for any weird noises that need to be eliminated (although these days I've been prone to leave more noises well enough alone rather than fix them...lots of those weird noises are awesome...especially in headphones...you can thank me later). So in between editing the various chorus sections, my brain needed a quick break, so I'm blogging.  :-)


Here's a screenshot of what I'm doing today:





And here's a quick pic of my homemade 'scorecard' sheets that I use to keep track of which parts are 'keepers' and which ones are 'questionable':





Good times. For someone with slight OCD tendencies...

So that's all for now. Time to get back at it and wrap these sections up...  :-)

Until next time...

~ Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment